The 020C Wind Direction Sensor provides azimuth data for use in micrometeorological measurements related to operational studies and research. The lightweight airfoil vane is directly coupled to a single precision potentiometer. These sensors are especially useful when a low starting threshold, a high damping ratio, or a short delay distance is required.
Both wind speed and wind direction sensors are used in environments ranging from Antarctic cold to arid desert heat. The 01OC, 010C-1, and 020C instruments meet U.S. EPA and NRC performance specifications for critical regulatory, research or scientific measurement applications.
- Low starting threshold
- Internal heater for long bearing life
- Low profile to minimize “sensor turbulence”
- High damping ratio
- Short delay distance
- Quick-disconnect connector
- Field-replaceable electronic components
- Ingress Protection Level 65 (IP65)
The 010C and 020C are made of stainless steel and anodized aluminum components and are functionally more reliable than any other sensors of their kind:
- Built-in electrical field surge protection greatly reduces problems associated with static fields, near-miss lightning hits, and poorgrounding systems
- Inclusion of Met One Instruments’ internal heater (AC use only) provides positive clean aspiration through the bearings, greatly increasing their life
- Optional, external de-icing heater sleeve for applications where freezing rain, ice, and low wind speeds may be encountered
- Ambient Monitoring
- Climate Research