Continuous elemental and particulate mass analysis with automatic sampling
There has been a growing concern regarding particulate matter (PM) pollution and its effects on health. For effective preventative measures, the determination of source PM concentration is extremely important. Therefore, indication of PM and elemental concentrations is critical. The PX-375 analyzer employs automatic sampling, continuous on-line PM quantitative and qualitative analysis for rapid air pollution measurements.
- Continuous analysis of PM mass and the elemental concentration by a single unit directly in the field.
- Adoption of world proven technologies: X-ray fluorescence & Beta-ray attenuation.
- HORIBA’s filter tape provides excellent sensitivity and precise performance
- Installed CMOS camera enables observation of collected particulate sample on the filter.
- User friendly display and operations
<Table 1> Lowest Detection Limit (Example) (2σ) (ng/m3)
* LDL (σ) is half of the LDL (2σ)
<Table 2> Detectable Elements
* O – Standard parameters, calibrated by standard calibration materials.
* For measurement of element concentration calibration by standard calibration materials is needed.
* Please contact separately about elements, marked as non-detectable.
The specifications, appearance or other aspects of products are subject to change without notice. Please contact us if you prefer the demo to consider the purchase of this product.
- Iron and steel production
- Oil refinery
- Everything environmental related
- Chemical speciation of particulate matter from steel and refining plants
|Product name||Continuous Particulate Monitor with X-ray Fluorescence|
|Measured object||Particulate matter (PM10, PM2.5, TSP)|
|Measurement content||Particulate mass concentration and element concentration|
|Sampling pump||Linear drive system, externally installed|
|Filter tape||None-woven PTFE fabric filter|
|Spot tape interval||20/25/50/100mm selectable|
|Filter tape replacement interval||Approx. 1 month (In case of 100mm spot interval)|
|Ambient operation temperature||10˚C~30˚C|
|Relative humidity||0~80% RH noncondensing|
|Altitude||1000m or less|
|Power supply||AC100V~240V ±10%, 50/60Hz±1%|
|Power consumption||Approx. 400VA|
|External dimension||430mm(W)×550mm(D)×285mm(H) (without sampling pipe and measurement head)|
|Weight||Approx. 40kg (Without sampling pipe and measurement head)|
|Data output||CSV file (Average PM mass and elemental concentration)|
|External connection||EthernetTM, USB, RS-232C* (option)|
*Please consult about communication and instrument composition separately.
Mass analyzer unit
|Measurement method||Beta-ray attenuation|
|PM10||US EPA Louvered PM10 Inlet|
|PM2.5||BGI VSCCTM Cyclone|
|Repeatability||±2% (against reference foil value)|
|Span drift||±3% (24hours)|
|Lowest detection limit (2σ)||±4μg/m3 (24hours)|
|Sampling and measurement cycle||0.5/1/2/3/4/6/8/12/24 hours|
Element analyzer unit
|Measurement method||Energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy|
|Detectable elements||See Table 2 “Detectable Elements”.
Standard parameter is S, Ti, Cr, Mn, Ni, Cu, Zn, Pb, Al, Si, K, Ca, V, Fe, As.
|Primary X-ray filter||Automatic switching for light metals/heavy metals|
|Tube voltage||Automatic switching for 15kV/50kV|
|Detector||SDD (Silicon Drift Detector)|
|Sample image||CMOS camera|
|Lowest detection limit (2σ)||Recommended EPA Method IO 3.3
See Table 1 “Lowest Detection Limit (Example)”
|Measurement range||Up to measurement time|
|Analysis time||1000s (16.6 min) as standard
100 / 200 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 / 10000s selectable
|Calibration material for X-ray intensity for standard parameter||NIST SRM 2783, other materials (option)|
|Safety functions for X-ray||Internal lock system
X-ray indication light