Process Guardian Raman™ Spectrometer:
High-resolution standalone Raman spectrometer for real-time process measurements and control
– In-line results in seconds
– Superior measurement performance
– Greater than 10X photon throughput
The Process Guardian™ is a new Raman spectrometer from Tornado. In addition to superior measurement performance, this next generation HTVS-enabled analyzer embodies all critical requirements for straightforward deployment into a process environment. Uncompromised measurements you can trust are now available from a ruggedized standalone platform.
Superior Analytical Performance
The analytical performance of the Process Guardian™ is turbocharged by Tornado’s patented High Throughput Virtual Slit (HTVS™) technology. With enhanced photon collection power, higher SNR can be achieved leading to lower limits of detection without compromising spectral resolution. High precision on both the X and Y axes makes even the toughest chemometric modelling tasks achievable.
The high-quality data delivered by the Process Guardian™ can provide process information related to qualitative or quantitative chemical characterization with unsurpassed detection limits and specificity. This technological advantage delivers enhanced process understanding, which in turn leads to improved and optimized process control.
The Process Guardian™ offers numerous benefits for established analytical practice and facilitates broader adoption of Raman methods for pharmaceutical, petrochemical, food, biotech, and other applications.
- Laser Wavelength: 785 nm
- Configurable power output from 5 to 495 mW
- Spectral Range: 200 cm-1to 3300 cm-1 (Raman shift from 785 nm excitation)
- Input Power Requirements: 100VAC – 240VAC
- Mounting: Bench top or shelf mounting (19” rackmount compatible)
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 44.6 cm x 62.6 cm (7.7 in x 17.6 in x 24.7 in)
- Weight: 15 kg (33 lbs)
- Raman measuring principle
- Embedded 785 nm laser
- Powerful embedded processor
- A smart Raman analyzer that can monitor its own health providing remote clients with status and alarms
- More accurate identification and quantification for challenging mixtures and low concentration levels
- Faster measurements of dynamic reactions
- Turbocharged by Tornado’s patented High Throughput Virtual Slit (HTVS™) technology
- Probe options for broad range of application
- Includes OPC UA and ModBus TCP services