Introducing the ES-808 SCAMP (System Contamination and Meteorological Platform) from Met One Instruments Powered by Acoem.
Met One Instruments Powered by Acoem is a global leader in Ambient Air Quality and Meteorological instrumentation. We recognize the critical need to provide scientific measurement tools for direct use in support of prescribed burning and forestland fuels reduction. Typical objectives of prescribed burning include reducing fire risk of large-scale wildfires, improving rangeland health, minimizing damage from insects, and promoting improvements to fish and wildlife habitat, to name just a few. The ES-808 SCAMP provides critical weather and air quality data to assist forestry management burn teams in modelling weather patterns for designated burn units. These weather pattern models are used to create effective burn plans to execute the fuel-reduction projects efficiently and effectively. This will reduce the smoke impact to local populations and help eliminate the fuels that contribute to the catastrophic wildfires experienced every year around the world. The health and safety of our communities and firefighters are also improved greatly by being proactive, rather than reactive, and the ES-808 SCAMP is specifically designed to help forestry management organizations achieve these goals.
We partnered with experts in the wildland firefighting community to develop a revolutionary new tool to support prescribed burning and fuels reduction/mitigation. The Met One ACOEM ES-808 System Contamination and Meteorological Platform (SCAMP) is a game-changer in environmental monitoring for fire-affected regions.
Instead of relying on large, heavy, cumbersome measurement systems that are often not strategically located in the area of interest, firefighting professionals now have a superior, compact solution.
MULTI-PARAMETER MEASUREMENTS IN AN INSTANT
The ES-808 SCAMP is a lightweight, portable monitoring system that can be deployed by personnel, vehicle, or industrial drone, and is rugged enough to stand up to the challenges of extreme conditions.
Supplying a robust combination of environmental air quality and critical weather parameters, the ES-808 SCAMP provides meteorological and personnel safety measurements in near real time for:
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Ambient Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Barometric Pressure
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
MODELLING DESIGNATED BURN SITES PRIOR TO PRESCRIBED BURNS
Designed initially with prescribed burning in mind, the ES-808 SCAMP system allows users to model weather patterns of designated sites to make informed decisions based on precision measurement data – which is especially important for areas around schools, communities, and any populated areas. It also has the added capability of providing crucial particulate monitoring of PM10 and PM2.5 as well as Carbon Monoxide.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS OF ES-808 SCAMP
- Active wildfires.
- Fire camps – to provide essential measurements to support firefighter safety.
- Post-natural disaster air quality monitoring for public safety.
- Outdoor school/student/sporting activities during wildfire season to provide a scientific tool for making vital decisions related to student and faculty health and safety.
HOW THE ES-808 SCAMP WORKS
- Fully self-contained Weather Station and Air Quality monitor including CO monitoring.
- Portable and lightweight, ES-808 SCAMP can be deployed in seconds exactly where critical measurements are needed.
- Can be powered by AC power, internal battery, or solar panel.
- With just a press of a button, ES-808 SCAMP can be up and running, actively providing data in mere minutes.
- Data is accessible remotely via any enabled handheld device or desktop computer.
- Equipped for mobile/cellular connectivity.
- Includes GPS location functionality to show exact location via satellite map.
- Web-based dashboard provides access to all data parameters including historical data.
- Dual-format data results – instrument gauge and graphical.
- Weatherproof, compact 25cm x 25cm x 50cm (10″ X 10″ X 20”) package.
- Weight: ~10kg (20lb).
- Weatherproof, lockable shipping case for protection during transportation from site to site.
- Ambient Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Fenceline Monitoring
- Public & Workplace Monitoring
- Smart Cities
- Climate Research
- Industrial/Occupational Hygiene
- Emergency Response