Accurate air quality monitoring from vehicles
SENSOR BASED | BEST AVAILABLE ACCURACY
The Kunak AIR can be used in mobile applications due to its built-in GPS to geolocate every sample. It can be easily adapted to work in motion thanks to specific housing.
It consists of a plastic shell printed on silicone mould with magnet support with a specific internal design that ensures proper laminar flow as well as allows the correct measurement and assures high-quality data.
The shield protects the device from direct solar radiation as well as fast changes of atmospheric pressure, air currents, temperature and humidity transients to guarantee a correct performance.
This type of instrument is powered by a rechargeable battery with the car’s 12 Volt socket. Dimensions: 21 x 21 x 13 cm.
CO NO NO2 O3 SO2 H2S | PM1 PM2.5 PM10
Temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure and dew point.
This mobile monitoring shell enables collecting accurate real-time data of air pollutants. Data is stored onboard and is sent to the cloud via 2G/3G/4G. To access the data simply access the cloud platform. Data can be downloaded and viewed in .TXT and .CSV formats.
Sensors are housed within allowing users to measure as many gases as they wish (maximum 4 gases and particulate matter at once). Also, the shell includes a GPS that tags the location of each measurement and allows the visualization of the data on a map during all the tracking.
We enable decision making with large and accurate environmental data
210 x 130 x 210 mm
|Enclosure||PMMA & Polycarbonate|
|Operating temperature||-20 ºC to +60 ºC|
|Operating humidity||0 to 99 %RH|
|External supply||7 – 12 Vdc. Charger|
|Power consumption||0.08-1.2W (depending on configuration)|
|Communications||Multi-Band 2G/3G/4G (LTE-FDD/LTE-TDD/UMTS/ HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/GSM/GPRS/EDGE) or Ethernet|
|GNSS||GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and BEIDOU|
|Gas sensors||CO, NO, NO2, O3, SO2 & H2S|
|PM sensor||PM1, PM2.5 & PM10|
|Internal status||Temperature / Battery / Charging voltage / Signal|
|Built-in sensors||Temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure|
|Sampling frequency||3Hz gases, 1Hz particles|
|Averaging periods||From 10 seconds to 1 hour|
|Sending periods||Configurable from 5 min to 4 hours|
|Remote management||Bidirectional communications
Remote configuration and calibration
|SIM||Multi operator SIM provided|
|Parameter||Type||Unit of measurement||Measurement range (1)||Resolu-tion (2)||Operat. temp. range (3)||Operat. RH range (4)||Operat. life (5)||Guarantee range (6)||Limit of detection (11)||Performance limit
|Typical accuracy (15)||Typical 90% confidence interval(16)||R2 typical precision
|CO||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-12,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +50 ºC||15 to 90 %RH||> 24 months||1,000 ppm||10 ppb||< 50 ppb||± 0.08 ppm||0.125 ppm||> 0.85|
|NO||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-5,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +40 ºC||15 to 85 %RH||> 24 months||20 ppm||2 ppb||< 5 ppb||± 4 ppb||10 ppb||> 0.9|
|NO2||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-5,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +40 ºC||15 to 85 %RH||> 24 months||20 ppm||2 ppb||< 10 ppb||± 5 ppb||10 ppb||> 0.85|
|O3||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-2,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +40 ºC||15 to 85 %RH||> 24 months||20 ppm||2 ppb||< 10 ppb||± 8 ppb||14 ppb||> 0.9|
|H2S||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-2,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +50 ºC||15 to 90 %RH||> 24 months||100 ppm||4 ppb||< 10 ppb||± 10 ppb||20 ppb||> 0.75|
|SO2||Electrochemical||µg/m3, ppb||0-10,000 ppb||1 ppb||-30 to +40 ºC||15 to 90 %RH||> 24 months||100 ppm||5 ppb||< 20 ppb||± 15 ppb||25 ppb||> 0.7|
|PM1||Optical particle counter||µg/m3||0 – 1,000 µg/m3||1 µg/m3||-10 to +50 ºC||0 to 95 %RH||> 24 months||–||–||–||± 6 µg/m3||12 µg/m3||> 0.9|
|PM2.5||Optical particle counter||µg/m3||0 – 1,500 µg/m3||1 µg/m3||-10 to +50 ºC||0 to 95 %RH||> 24 months||–||–||–||± 10 µg/m3||18 µg/m3||> 0.8|
|PM10||Optical particle counter||µg/m3||0 – 2,000 µg/m3||1 µg/m3||-10 to +50 ºC||0 to 95 %RH||> 24 months||–||–||–||± 18 µg/m3||30 µg/m3||> 0.7|
|Temperature||Solid state||ºC||-40 to +150 ºC||0.01 ºC||-40 to +150 ºC||0 to 100 %RH||> 5 years||–||–||–||± 0.9 ºC||1.5 ºC||> 0.95|
|Relative humidity||Solid state||%RH||0 – 100 %RH||0.18 Pa||-40 to +150 ºC||0 to 100 %RH||> 5 years||–||–||–||± 3 %RH||6 %RH||> 0.95|
|Pressure||Solid state||hPa||300 – 1,100 hPa||± 7 ppb||-90 to +85 ºC||0 to 100 %RH||> 5 years||–||–||–||± 2 hPa||3 hPa||> 0.95|
(1) Measurement range: Concentration range measured by the sensor.
(2) Resolution: Smallest unit of measurement that can be indicated by the sensor.
(3) Temperature range: Interval of temperatures that the sensor could be exposed to.
(4) RH range: Interval of humidities that the sensor could be exposed to.
(5) Operating life: Lifetime of the sensor in normal conditions. Long exposures to humidity above 85% can damp the sensor and affect the measurements.
(6) Guarantee range: Limit covered by the guarantee.
(11) LOD (Limit of detection): Measured quantity value giving the probability of falsely claiming the absence or presence of a component.
(14) Performance limit level: Readings below this level can have lower performance than specified. Measured against reference instrument.
(15) Typical accuracy: Is obtained as the mean absolute error (MAE) between KUNAK AIR hourly measurements and reference instruments in 1 to 8 months field test between -10 to +30ºC in different countries.
(16) Typical 90% confidence interval: 90% of the hourly measurements obtained in 1 to 8 months field tests between -10 to +30ºC in different countries are below this absolute error comparing to reference instruments.
(17) Typical precision R2: The average R² between Kunak AIR hourly measurements and reference instruments in 1 to 8 months field tests between -10 to +30ºC in different countries.