- Probe head optimized (etendue-matched) to spectrometer, further boosting the throughput efficiency and measurement sensitivity
- Interchangeable sample optics tailored to the application – allows for superior representative sampling and reproducibility
- Large-spot stand-off sampling for powder blending and feed frame
- Focused-spot stand-off sampling for solids and transparent liquids
- Uses robust single-core fiber optic cables (instead of fiber bundles) which can run long distances and be connected to a multiplexer
- Compact size and shape, fits into constricted spaces
- Size: 2.16 x 1.77 x 1.01 inches
- Weight: 0.75 lbs. (0.34 kg)
- Excitation Wavelength: 785 nm
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +40˚C
- Optical Fiber Connections
- FC/PC 105 μm NA=0.22 fiber optic cable for excitation
- FC/PC 300 μm NA=0.22 fiber optic cable for collection
For ultimate versatility, speed, and sensitivity, Tornado’s Hudson™ 785 non-contact Raman probes feature a high-performance optical interface which enables even the most demanding process or lab applications. The Hudson™ 785 is optimized for compatibility with Tornado’s HyperFlux™ PRO Plus analyzer, providing efficient delivery of the excitation beam and collection of the Raman-shifted light. Its rugged and robust construction allows for superior representative sampling and measurement reproducibility for a wide range of applications including solids, slurries, powders, and heterogeneous mixtures.
Three different sample optics are available with the Hudson™ probe head: a short-focus 8 mm lens, a long-focus 25 mm lens, and a large-spot non-focusing optic that can measure samples over a range of distances. These optics modules can be easily swapped to optimize the optical sampling for different types of samples and containers.
Raman Lens Non-Contact Probe Design
The probe is designed for a single 105 µm excitation fiber and a single large 300 µm collection fiber, which can be multiplexed such that multiple Hudson™ probes can be connected to a single PRO Plus analyzer. With a stainless steel enclosure and sanitary finish (Ra 15 microinch), Hudson™ is sealed against liquid wipedown/spraydown and airborne particulates, and the probe’s small size permits it to be mounted in constricted spaces. Hudson™ can be used for a wide variety of non-contact scenarios, including measurements through windows, sight glasses, sample containers, or in free space, with both fixed sample positions and variable sample working distances.
- Sampling through site glass to avoid exposure of personnel to samples or exposure of samples to atmosphere
- Large spot provides superior representative sampling
- Large spot mode well-suited to moving powders on a process line
- Long fiber runs accommodated
- Multiplexing possible to amortize measurement costs