Measurement of Cloud Point, directly correlated to ASTM D2500/D5773/IP219/EN23015 test methods
ATAC viscometers offer the most versatile range available. ATAC are the only manufacturer to offer a process viscometer to measure very high viscosity fluids including those that behave in a non Newtonian way (model 491). The model 491 is equipped with chemical seals on the impulse lines which also makes it possible to measure the viscosity in aggressive mediums.
Multi range capability is achieved using the model 421. Up to three different ranges can be accommodated on this single analyser.
The model 1077 Viscometer+ is the latest addition to the ATAC brand of physical property analysers.
The model 1077 Viscometer+ can measure the viscosity of all Newtonian fluids.
The Cloud Point test cell is first flushed through with a fresh sample. A small amount of sample is then isolated in the cell and allowed to settle for a predetermined period to allow any air bubbles or solids to separate. The sample cell is then cooled at a controlled rate by a Peltier cooler with excess heat being removed by a coolant. An optical detector senses when the sample is starting to become cloudy as waxy components start to precipitate. The temperature at which this occurs is taken as the cloud point.
New Ultra High performance measuring cell The ATAC Cloud Point analyser uses a light source and detector mounted at right angles to each other. This arrangement offers enhanced signal to noise ratio compared to conventional in line source and detector arrangements. The new cell also features a brand new patented measuring cell; with unique “Smart Amplification” signal processing the new cell is able to detect cloud point in even the most challenging of samples including coloured, domestic, marine and motor fuels and biodiesel without the need for any adjustments to analyser settings
- Ranges: Maximum 0-1000 cP Minimum 0-5 cP
- Repeatability ± 0.5% FS
- Precision ± 1% FS
- Response time <60 seconds
- Measurement temperature Normally 40-150ºC (100-300ºF)
- Units of measurement cP (cSt available with density input)
- Temperature bath capacity 28-40 litres of oil (depends on specification). Normal maximum working temperature of bath is 150ºC (protected by thermal fuse). Sample temperature at capillary outlet is measured by a high precision thermometer
- Explosion protection IECEx & ATEX certified for use in Zone 1 IIC T3/T4 (application dependant)
- Diesel and biodiesel product blending
- Middle distillate monitoring
- Heating oil specification