The BAM 1022 employs a unique “in-situ” sampling technique where the beta measurement is kept at a nearly fixed temperature above ambient conditions, thereby minimizing measurement error due to loss of semi-volatile particulate material or excessive moisture in the sample stream. Highly accurate measurements are made without having to employ expensive Nafion dryers, thereby increasing reliability and decreasing operating costs. The integrated shelter does not employ air conditioning, nor does the sampling system employ flow splitters. This results in easier service, enhanced reliability, and lower power consumption.
The BAM-1022 comes integrated into its own lightweight equipment shelter with an easily detachable pump box making it ideal for installation in areas where no permanent structure or walk-in shelter is available. Power consumption is modest as no air conditioning is required. No component weighs more than 40 lb. meaning that it is easily transportable by one person. The entire system may be set up and put into operation in less than ten minutes.
- In-Situ measurement of PM that provides high accuracy with minimal measurement artifacts.
- Reduced background determination frequency.
- Unsurpassed performance under high ambient dew point operation.
- Advanced communications features allow remote operation and cloud-based communication.
- Advanced diagnostics.
- Improved sensitivity compared to other in-line beta attenuation mass monitors.
- Meteorological and other sensor inputs.
- Ambient Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Smart Cities
- Climate Research
- Emergency Response