The primary purpose of CEMS is to ensure compliance with environmental regulations by tracking emissions of pollutants such as particulate matter (PM), sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon monoxide (CO), and other pollutants.
CEMS typically consist of various sensors and instruments that measure emissions in real time, data acquisition systems for collecting and storing the measurements, and software for analyzing and reporting the emissions data. The collected data is used by regulatory agencies to assess the environmental impact of industrial activities and to ensure that emissions remain within permissible limits.
In the context of the cement industry, CEMS are crucial because cement manufacturing is known to produce significant amounts of air pollutants due to the combustion of fossil fuels, the calcination of raw materials, and other processes involved in cement production. By implementing CEMS, cement plants can closely monitor their emissions and take corrective actions if emissions exceed legal limits. This helps improve air quality and reduces the environmental impact of the industry.
But we have other interesting solution for the Cement Industry next to Cems:
Solutions for Cement Industry
Horiba products in relation to Cement Industry
Partica LA-960V2 – Laser scattering particle size distribution analyzer
Performance that matters
- Measure particle size between 10 nanometers and 5 millimeters
- State of the art nanoparticle measurement resolves peaks at 30 nanometers
- Suitable for suspensions, emulsions, powders, pastes, gels, and creams
- Easy to use dry powder accessory, read the PowderJet page for more information
- Requires only micrograms* of sample, minimizing cost of analysis
- Flexible, fully automated measurement sequences maximize precision and method compliance
- Excellent reproducibility and unit-to-unit agreement, read the Gage R&R Study for more information
- Measurements in less than 60 seconds boost productivity
- Based on the ultra-durable LA-950 platform, noted for its reliability
Partica mini LA-350
HORIBA’s new LA-350 Laser Diffraction Particle Size Distribution Analyzer is the ideal combination of performance, price, and packaging. The LA-350 excels in applications as diverse as slurries, minerals, and paper chemistry. Based on the advanced optical design of previous LA-series analyzers, the LA-350 strikes a harmonious balance between high-functionality, easy operation, low maintenance, and cost-effectiveness.
Bench space is used efficiently due to the LA-350’s compact size (297 mm x 420 mm). The clever design and precision, high quality manufacturing ensure convenient, reliable operation and accurate results, now with a wider size range (0.1-1,000 µm).
The EMIA-Expert Carbon/Sulfur Analyzer provides enhanced cleaning efficiency, user-friendly software, durability, operability and maintenance, resulting in efficient measurements. Its shortened cycle time accelerates the development and manufacturing speed. It includes the advanced accessories to enable even higher performance analysis, resulting in greater accuracy.
– Energy: Materials for lithium-ion battery, fuel cell, electrolyzer
– Electric parts
– Semiconductor: Silicon, poly-silicon, GaN
– Steel and non-ferrous alloy (metallurgy): Iron, copper, nickel, aluminum, zinc, tungsten carbide
– Mineral: Cokes, lime stone, coal, silicone, rare-metal
– Others: Catalyst, rubber, carbon black, silica, cement
X-ray Fluorescense Analysis (XRF)
Next evolution of micro-X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy ultimate performance in speed and flexibility
- High sensitivity & wide detectable element range
- Dual types of detectors for fluorescent X-rays and transmission X-rays
- ≥15 µm spot size with an ultra-high intensity capillary
- High-resolution cameras and multiple illumination modes
- Flexible & user-friendly software interface
X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzer
HORIBA has been selling the XGT-WR series of EDXRF analyzers for many years, providing screening measurements of samples containing hazardous elements such as Pb, Cd, Hg, Cr, Br, Sb, As for RoHS, ELV, and Cl for halogen free applications.
XGT systems are used daily throughout the world. HORIBA has now developed the new MESA-50 EDXRF analyzer, based on its long experience with customer requirements and knowledge. MESA-50 provides user friendly operation and good performance. MESA-50 includes three analysis diameters, suitable for every sample, from thin cables and electronic parts to bulk samples. The combination of SDD detector and Digital pulse processor(DPP) changes the image of EDXRF.
Sulfur in Oil Analysis
The SLFA-6100/6800 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Analyzer measures sulfur in oil ranging from 5 ppm to 9.9999%. This compact and accurate analyzer meets the needs of anyone wishing to conform to ASTM D4294, ISO 8754 or JIS K2541/B7995.
ICP-OES spectrometers measure the concentration of elements from ppb to % using de-excitation of atoms and ions in a plasma. The robustness of our Ultima ICP spectrometers makes them ideal for applications common to mining, chemicals manufacture, salt production, wear metals in oil analysis, petrochemical, metallurgical production and precious metal refining.
The HORIBA Scientific ICP Spectrometers, with their innovative design, provide tools that will increase your lab productivity, not only with fast analysis time, but with less complicated methods, shorter warm-up time and better performance.